Pikes Peak PF & Quail Forever
Welcome to the internet home of the Pikes Peak PF & Quail Forever Chapter 247. A Local Pheasants Forever Chapter in Colorado. Pheasants Forever (PF) is a non-profit conservation organization dedicated to the protection and enhancement of pheasant and other wildlife populations in North America. Read more about PF and our chapter.
Today>>> MULEY KIDS DAY @ Rocky Mtn Roosters
* Black Powder Range - provided by Colorado Springs Muzzle Loaders
* .22 Rifle Range - provided by 4H Shooting Sports
* Shotgun Range - provided by Pheasants Forever (PF)
* BB Gun Range - provided by Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation (RMEF)
* Pellet Gun Range - provided by MDF
* Cowboy Action Shooting - provided by Colorado Shaketails
* Archery Range - provided by Colorado Springs Junior Olympic Archery Development
* Elk Calling - provided by RMEF
* Duck Calling - provided by Ducks Unlimited (DU)
* Turkey Calling - provided by National Wild Turkey Federation (NWTF)
* Fly Casting - provided by Trout Unlimited (TU)
* Fly Tying - provided by TU
* Llama Packing - provided by Wildflower Ridge Llamas
* Field Dressing/ Cape Care/ Taxidermy - provided by Elk Ridge Taxidermy
* Trapping - provided by Colorado Trappers Association.
M.U.L.E.Y. PROGRAM VISION
- What it is to be MINDFUL of, and show respects towards, wildlife.
- A proper UNDERSTANDING of the relationship between the sports of shooting/hunting, and wildlife awareness and conservation.
- The LEGAL use of shooting equipment including rifles, shotguns, handguns, bows, etc.
- What it means to be an ETHICAL hunter.
The Program is to act as a gateway program to inspire, instruct and introduce youth to the shooting sports and conservation ensuring their continued growth.
Shooting Techniques and Firearm Safety:
Youth will fully understand the safety aspect of firearms and archery equipment before participating. This will include all types of firearms, archery equipment and range safety. Youth will learn the proper handling, aiming and firing of rifles, shotguns, handguns and archery equipment before participating in the shooting activities provided.
Youth will be provided with an opportunity to put into practice all skills and information which they have learned concerning proper safety and techniques.
Habitat is the natural conditions and environment in which wildlife species or plants live.
Wildlife play a vital role in a balanced and healthy environment.
Conservation practices for wildlife and their habitats play a large role in wildlife management.
Ethical Hunters always follow legal guidelines and regulations established by the government. Youth will learn the fundamentals of how, when, where, and why to hunt.
Mule Deer and Black Tailed Deer Biology will include the basic necessities of habitat, food and wildlife conservation, so that youth can understand the needs of these species. This will enable youth to be informed and active participants in conservation efforts.